ABN 24 314 338 210
We are a 143 bed (including Aged Care) fully integrated rural public health service. We employ around 470 staff and service a 100 km radius area with an estimated catchment area of around 35,000 people. We are located on the Murray River in rural Victoria 344 km north west of Melbourne. Our vision is to provide appropriate services in the right setting by dedicated people with and for our community.
Our vision is to provide appropriate services in the right setting by dedicated people with and for our community.
- Respect…this means that you interact with others as you would expect them to interact with you.
- Professionalism…this means we deliver services with integrity, honesty and competence.
- Care…this means that we provide a standard of service and support which we would expect for ourselves.
- Commitment…this means that we are dedicated to the promotion and success of the organization.
- Collaboration…this means working together in a positive, supportive manner.
Person Centred Care
Swan Hill District Health is committed to providing person centred care, this is care that respects & responds to the preferences, needs & values of the person. This relates to all people accessing our services, whether as a patient, resident, family member or out-patient/client.
Person centered care is a partnership and collaboration in care and service provision between the health care worker or organisation and patients, family/carers and community members. It aims to ensure that patients are well informed about their condition and treatment plan and are involved in decisions regarding their care.
Person centred care involves organisations caring for their staff. Staff who feel important and cared for are more able to care effectively for patients, clients and their families.