See employment page for further details.
On the 18th August the Counselling services located at 13 Pritchard St will be closing and reopening next door at 11 Pritchard St on the 22nd August. The new phone number is: 03 5033 9880.
It is anticipated that the new building at 13 Pritchard St will be completed by December when the Counselling serviced will move back and headspace will move into 11 Pritchard St.
Read our latest Community Newsletter, click here.
Are you aged between 16 and 25 and interested in volunteering for a youth leadership role?
Read more about the Swan Hill Youth Arts Festival Ambassador 2017 position here, including the Expression of Interest Application Form.
The annual Swan Hill District Health Golf and Bowls Day held at the Murray Downs Golf and Country Club on Thursday 4th May raised approximately $10,600. A total of 66 people registered for Bowls and 86 for golf.
Funds raised will purchase three new beds for the Acute Ward.
Over the past 15 years this fundraising day has raised approximately $171,000, which has enabled the purchase of much needed medical equipment and items to ensure a more comfortable hospital stay for the community.
The major sponsors for the event included: ACE Radio Broadcasters, ANZ Bank, Bank Australia, Bendigo Radiology, EML, Hovendens Plaster, Origin Energy, Murray Downs Golf and Country Club, Murray Valley Technology Centre, NAB, Swan Hill Wholesalers, Thomas Day Catering, Tripodi and Taverna Fruiters.
The winner of the gas heater raffle was Lindsay Ryan.
Winners of the Golf were: Dallas Free, Andrew Abbott, Lea Johnson, Les McPhee.
Winners of the Bowls were: W. Pearson, G. Seton-Stewart, D. Thomas.
Swan Hill District Health would like to thank all their sponsors, volunteers and Murray Downs Golf and Country Club for making this day once again successful fundraising event.
Vidoe of photos from the day can be found https://youtu.be/5pXp8zBM6DI
SAVE THE DATE
Our annual Golf & Bowls Day will be held on Thursday, 4th May.
Click here for details and how to become a minor or major sponsor.
Swan Hill District Health is pleased to announce that the submission sent to the Department of Health and Human Services (Regional Health Infrastructure Fund) has been successful. We will receive $2,660,000 to establish level 2 inpatient subacute services
The initial bed configuration will comprise of:
- Three Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) beds –(comprehensive multidisciplinary management of elderly patients with a range of geriatric medical problems and complex care needs).
- Three General Rehabilitation beds – (patients will be able to access rehabilitation services in Swan Hill instead of travelling to another hospital for inpatient rehab services)
- Two Palliative (Hospice) care beds – (Palliative care is care in which the primary clinical purpose or treatment goal is optimisation of the quality of life of a patient with an active and advanced life-limiting illness.
- Six Transition Care Program Beds – Currently available at SHDH but will be relocated. (Transition care is for older people who have been in hospital, but need more help to recover and time to make a decision about the best place for them to live in the longer term)
- Plus a therapy area.
Benefits to patients and the community are:
- Able to transfer patients from the acute setting at the time that they need subacute care and thereby maximising the patient’s chances of restorative functionality.
- Able to admit patients who present to Emergency that are suitable for sub-acute care without being admitted to the acute ward.
- Able to provide for a better planned seamless service from acute to inpatient sub-acute, and community rehabilitation.
- Enable access to specialist medical rehabilitation and geriatrician services on-site and by telehealth connection on a regular basis from Bendigo Health.
Building works documentation is well advanced however this will require review prior to any tender release. A timeframe for the project will be now be developed. The new facility will be located in the first floor above our Primary Care Medical Centre which was previously the old Aged Care building.
Swan Hill District Health would like to express their thanks to the Swan Hill Community led by the Hospice Committee for the high level of community determination to this successful outcome.
Come along to the Game On, Men's Night, on Tuesday 28th March at Swan Hill Town Hall. Danny Frawley will talk about his AFL career, Dr Ian Murphy about health, and local men about their cancer journey. Further details here.
Read our latest community newsletter here, including news about our upcoming Men's Health Event!
Extreme heat forecast today! Heat kills more Australians than any other disaster. If you’re feeling unwell see your doctor or call NURSE_ON_CALL on 1300 60 60 24. In an emergency, call 000.