Read about our upcoming events and recent outcomes in the latest edition of eat.move.smile. Community News, click here.
Swan Hill District Health would like to provide the community with a brief update on the progress of SHDH moving towards a case for a new health service building.
1. Masterplan Exercise stage
- The masterplan exercise, conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services with input from our health service and the community, was finalised in late August.
- The masterplan exercise produced three broad options for redevelopment.
Option 1 - Redevelop the current SHDH site with Operating Suite on the same level as the Acute and Maternity ward;
Option 2 - Redevelop the current SHDH site with Operating Suite directly above the Acute and Maternity ward, connected via lifts;
Option 3 - Redevelopment on a new site to the current site, location not determined.
Option 2 is the masterplan preferred option at this time.
2. Feasibility Study stage
- A feasibility study is currently underway and should be completed shortly.
- The feasibility study looks more closely at the preferred redevelopment options that were produced in the master planning stage.Essentially this stage tests if the preferred plans would work and be able to meet the community’s future health service needs.
3. Business Case stage
- Once the feasibility study is completed, SHDH will work with the Department of Health and Human Services to progress to a business case to be presented to the State Government for the redevelopment.
- The business case may indicate that the redevelopment be done in stages. In the first instance, Stage 1 works would be prioritised.
- Stage 1 works would be likely to include a new emergency department, radiology department, main entry and acute and maternity ward.
Swan Hill District Health would like to acknowledge the support received from the community thus far in making the case for new health service facilities for Swan Hill and the surrounding communities.
Whilst there is no guarantee of a positive outcome to our endeavours just yet, SHDH remains committed to our end goal of providing the best care experience for our community and together with a committed Board, staff group and community, SHDH will continue to strongly advocate our case for new hospital infrastructure at the earliest opportunity.
We have just completed the second year of implementation of our Swan Hill Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2017-2021 working in partnership across our local government area, read about our contribution over 2017-2019 here.
Read our latest stories and upcoming events in eat.move.smile. Community News here.
The Swan Hill District Health Graduate Nurse Program Careers day will be held on Friday 27th June from 13.00 to 15.00. Careers day will be held in the Education Centre. Phone 03 5033 9310 for more information or download brochure.
Read our latest edition of eat.move.smile. Community News here.
The 17th annual Swan Hill District Health Golf and Bowls Day held at the Murray Downs Golf and Country Club on Thursday 21st February raised approximately $21,000. A total of 60 people registered for bowls and 127 for golf.
Funds raised will purchase new bladder scanner for the Acute Ward.
Over the past 17 years this fundraising day has raised approximately $211,000, which has enabled the purchase of much needed medical equipment and items to ensure a more comfortable hospital stay for the community.
The major sponsors for the event included: ANZ Bank, Architech, Aspire Jewellery, Bank Australia, Bendigo Bank, Bendigo Radiology, Big Sky, EML, Hovendens Plaster, Mildura Health Fund, Murray Downs Golf and Country Club, Murray Valley Technology Centre, Origin Energy, RTM Constructions, Rural Bank, Saits Familiy Butchers, Swan Hill Wholesalers, TASCO Petroleum, Thomas Day Catering, Tripodi and Taverna Fruiters.
The winner of the BBQ raﬄe was Denise Loft.
Bowls winners were: Dawne Holland, Greg Walker, Cath Parry.
Golf winners were: Dallas Free, Stuart McMillan, Lea Johnson, Les McPhee.
Swan Hill District Health would like to thank all their sponsors, volunteers and Murray Downs Golf and Country Club for making this day once again a successful fundraising event.
- eat.move.smile. Community News Oct 2019
- Redevelopment Update
- SHDH snapshot report PH&WB Plan 2017-2019
- Pregnancy and Early Years Expo
- eat.move.smile. Community News July 2019
- Graduate Nurse Program
- Community Consultation
- eat.move.smile. Community News April 2019
- 2019 Golf and Bowls Day results
- eat.move.smile.Community News Feb 2019