Patients may attend the Admissions & Discharges Office for the following services:
• Pre-admission for elective surgery – patients will generally be asked to attend the Admission & Discharges Office to be pre-admitted for surgery, before their appointment with the Pre-Admission Nurse. Staff will collect/update demographic information, as well as ask for any Medicare, pension, health care, or private health insurance cards. Patients will sign all administrative admission paperwork at this time.
• Discharge – upon discharge from the health service, patients will be given a ‘Discharge Notification Form’ which should be handed in at the Admissions & Discharges Office.
• Freedom of Information requests (FORM TO BE COMPLETED) – patients have the right to
access their health information under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 1982. FOI request forms are available at the Admissions & Discharges
Office. Charges may apply.
Health Information Services are also responsible for:
• Storage, maintenance and retrieval of medical records
• Clinical coding
• Data management
• Ensuring the health service complies with Privacy & Confidentiality legislation
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Location: First floor, next to the Operating Theatre and Midwifery Unit.
Phone: 03 5033 9318
Fax: 03 5033 9496