Home Care Packages

Home Care Packages (HCP) are one of the ways that older Australians can access affordable care services to get some help at home. They are designed for those with more complex care needs that go beyond what the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can provide.

Home Care Packages can be an option if you need a coordinated approach to the delivery of your help at home – perhaps because you need help with many everyday tasks, or the care you need is more complex or intensive.

Swan Hill District Health is funded to provide the following services:

  • District nursing
  • Allied health (dietetics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, podiatry, speech pathology)
  • Social Support Groups / Planned Activity Groups (Adult Day Services)


Eligibility is based on your care needs as determined through a face-to-face assessment, but you must also be:

  • an older person who needs coordinated services to help them stay at home

A face-to-face assessment will determine eligibility and ensure that the right services are made available to those that need them.

A referral from My Aged Care must be generated to access services through this funding stream.

My Aged Care is a National Aged Care System, designed to be sustainable into the future and give all Australians more control and easier, equitable access to aged care services.

You or your family can register with My Aged Care before receiving health & community services by:

  • Calling the My Aged Care Contact Centre 1800 200 422 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm Sat).
  • Going online at www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral and enter details on the online form
  • Asking staff at Swan Hill District Health and Swan Hill Rural City Council for help.